Looking for resources to further your religious education and spiritual growth? Check out the selection of online resources for children on a variety of Growth and Learning topics below.
beliefs and values
- Children’s books about spirituality and religion: A list of picture books appropriate for young children. The list focuses on general spiritual values such as compassion, gratitude, mindfulness and religious tolerance.
- UU&Me: A Unitarian Universalist magazine just for kids with stories and activities related to a monthly theme.
- 10 Minute Life Lessons for Kids: 52 playful and easy to understand activities to help parents teach children moral lessons that they won’t forget. This book gives parents the ability to teach the powerful principles of honesty, trust, generosity, love, and other values.
- Between Sundays: Designed to help parents and other adults answer religious questions raised by children and youth. From stories to lessons, games and puzzles to a wealth of other resources…this site is a project of the Church of the Larger Fellowship, an online congregation of Unitarian Universalists
- Children’s books about spiritual practices: Books for young children on meditation, yoga, prayer, and other spiritual practices
- Children’s books about death and grief: a list of picture books appropriate for young children.
- Children’s books about money: conversations about money are an important part of understanding the control and power of money. With this understanding, we can keep commercialism in perspective and use money to reflect our values.
- Social justice books for kids: Books in our church library on social justice heroes, peace, economic justice, immigration and refugees, human rights, diversity, and activism and taking a stand
- UU Games and Puzzles: A collection of UU-related games, puzzles, and activities appropriate for UU’s of all ages, provided by the UU Church of the Larger Fellowship.
- Religion in Life for Girl Scouts: a religious recognition program for Unitarian Universalist girls, grades 4-12, who are also Girl Scouts.
- Love and Help for Cub Scouts and Webelos: A Program in Unitarian Universalist Identity for 7-11 year olds.
- The Story of the Flaming Chalice: The flaming chalice is an important symbol of Unitarian Universalism. Here is more about the history of this symbol:
- The Story of the Flaming Chalice by Dan Hotchkiss.
- “The Healing Cup: The Story of the Flaming Chalice” by Noreen Kimball.
- The book, Sunday and Every Day: My Little Book of Unitarian Universalism has another version for children.
We welcome your suggestions for resource content for this page. What have you found that is exceptional?
Ages and Stages