Worshipful Workshop led by Jean Spohn, In-person
Chalice Circle facilitated by Susan Aigner, Online via zoom
Worshipful Workshop: 10:30 am, In-person
Qigong led by Jean Spohn
Qigong, pronounced “chi gong,” was developed in China thousands of years ago as part of traditional Chinese medicine. For this workshop we will practice together Qigong, beautiful slow movements, mostly in place.
Chalice Circle: 10:30 am, Online in the Church Zoom Room
The format for our summer chalice circles is simple: a chalice lighting, check-in, and a reflection question on an aspect of the theme for July, embracing possibilities. In chalice circles we come to be nourished by authentic relationships, to listen and be listened to, to mutually support one another, and to create space for spiritual insight.
Worship in July
In July our theme is Embracing Possibilities and the Worship Team is arranging for meaningful and fun opportunities in lieu of our regular services. For our in-person folks there will be Worshipful Workshops – informal, lay-led, participatory workshops centered on different spiritual practices. For our folks on-line, there will be facilitated Chalice Circles over zoom each week with discussion questions related to the theme of Embracing Possibilities.
Some things to note about these events:
1. These workshops and chalice circles are replacing the regular worship services in July and will be at the regular time of 10:30 am on Sundays.
2. This is not a permanent change in how we do worship – this is something we are trying out for the month of July.
3. These will not be multi-platform services; the in-person and online events will be separate. This will allow staff and volunteers who have been working diligently to create the multiplatform experience an opportunity to rest, renew, and be ready to start up again in August!
We hope you will take this opportunity to embrace a new possibility by attending one or more of these different ways to worship.If you have any questions, reach out to one of the Worship Team members:
Janeane Weprin, Meri Murphy, Joanne Stonebraker, and Janeira St. Clare
Join us in the Saltwater sanctuary. Our doors open at 10:15 am.
- Masks are encouraged, but optional.
- We continue with a reduced seating set-up in the sanctuary of 90 seats, with each row spaced by three feet.
- Please stay home if you are sick, or believe you may be getting sick, and join from zoom
People of all ages are welcome. We hope to see you in person for worship one Sunday soon!
To join by Zoom, go to https://saltwaterchurch.org/calendar/zoom-room/ and click on “To join a meeting—click here.” Or from the main church webpage, select Zoom Room from the drop down menu under “news and events” on the top menu bar. If this is your first time using Zoom, follow the prompts to download the application to your computer. It will be helpful if you have a high-speed internet connection. For some connections, a pair of headphones will be helpful (a simple pair of earbuds will do.)
If you would prefer to join by phone, dial 1-669-900-6833 and enter Meeting ID: 736 142 4210 when prompted. Long distance charges may apply, so it is best to call from a cell phone. If you have a smartphone, you can download the Zoom app and join with Meeting ID: 736 142 4210 for video and audio connection.