These materials are being posted in preparation for our Congregational Meeting on June 14, 2020 at 12:00 PM. We hope you will attend this all-important annual business meeting of the congregation.
We will be voting on the new Board and Nominating Team members and to approve the new proposed Mission Statement. To vote at this meeting you must be a member for at least 20 days prior to the meeting. If you have questions about your membership status and your ability to vote, please contact Gaye Greeves, Treasurer, at email@example.com.
The meeting will be held via Zoom, shortly after the music service on June 14. Please be sure to update the Zoom version on your device before the meeting. (The information on connecting via Zoom is at the end of this email.)
How Voting Will Be Done
Voting will be done by email and using a Google survey tool. After the candidates for the Board have been presented along with the Nominating Team slate and the new Mission Statement, voting will take place:
- We will send an email to all members who acknowledged their presence when we took roll call at the beginning of the meeting or have checked in with the voting team after the ballot has started. See below if you do not have email.
- The email will have a link to the ballot. Clicking the link will take you to the ballot. Multiple people can vote from one link.
We will have a short break so you can open your email, vote, and return your ballot if you wish to vote immediately. All ballots must be returned by 3:00 pm in order to be counted.
If you are joining the Zoom meeting by phone and/or do not have email, you will vote via a confidential telephone call to Kathy Jorgensen. Please contact Rev. Kristen or CJ for Kathy’s phone number.
Results of the voting will be sent out by our various notification methods sometime on Monday.
To prepare for the meeting, you will find the following attachments:
- The agenda for the meeting
- The minutes of the June 2019 Congregational Meeting
- The minutes of the December 2019 Congregational Meeting
- The information on the Board and Nominating Team candidates
- The new proposed Mission Statement
- The FY20-21 Budget (if you would like a copy of the line item budget, please email Gaye Greeves, firstname.lastname@example.org)
How to Access the Church Zoom Room
To access Zoom, go to saltwaterchurch.org/calendar/zoom-room/ and click on “To join a meeting-click here.” Or from the main church webpage, select Zoom Room from the dropdown menu under “news and events” on the top menu bar. If this is your first time using Zoom, follow the prompts to download the application to your computer.
If you would prefer to join by phone, dial 1-669-900-6833 and enter Meeting ID: 736 142 4210 when prompted. You may need a password. If you do not have the password, please contact Melinda: email@example.com
If you have a smartphone, you can download the Zoom app and join with Meeting ID: 736 142 4210 for video and audio connection. You will need a password. If you do not have the password, please contact Melinda: firstname.lastname@example.org