Date(s) - Oct/25/2019
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Lighthouse Activity Room
Categories No Categories
Here’s a wonderful (and free!) opportunity to attend Sound Alliance’s Leadership Institute right here at Saltwater UU Church! Many of us have attended this training and have found it very helpful. This institute is not just for Sound Alliance team members, but it is for anyone who might be interested in developing their leadership skills for a variety of roles at Saltwater or in the community. If you have any questions about this training, please feel free to contact me. You don’t want to miss it!
With much appreciation,
Friday, October 25th, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Saturday, October 26th, 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
We start and end on time!
Saltwater UU Church, 25701 14th Place South, Des Moines, WA 98198
The Sound Alliance, in King and Pierce Counties, is made up of faith, labor, and community organizations dedicated to building a base of every day citizen leaders to effectively stand for change they want to see in their communities.
Join us for this 9-hour training to learn our organizing model and to be a part of our work for the common good!
The Institute provides content based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF) in 80 years of organizing experience. The topics include:
· Why Organize? – Examine the history, traditions, and values of our labor, faith, community and educational organizations.
· Fundamental Organizing Skills – Learn tools to conduct individual relational meetings, listening sessions, research, negotiations and action to help obtain a concrete, winnable outcome.
· Strengthening Our Institutions – Engage people systematically in a culture that is relational, action-oriented and reflective.
· Problem vs. Issues – Focus from general problems to concrete, winnable issues by using relational power in the public arena to negotiate for the common good.
· Participants from Sound Alliance member organizations: FREE
· Participants NOT from Sound Alliance member organizations: $50.00 (can be applied to future organizational membership dues)
· Lunch will be provided on Saturday. We are asking for a $10 donation to offset costs.
· Free parking
Go to the Sound Alliance web page, look for events and register on the Google form linked there.
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration deadline: Tuesday, October 22, 2019